Followers

30 January 2022

Presenting...

Miss Savannah
 
Design: Savannah's Curtsy
Designer: Mirabilia
Fabric: 32 count Colour Cascade Fabrics Fall to Pieces opalescent Belfast linen
Fibres: DMC, Kreinik #4 Braid
Embellishment: Mill Hill Beads
My first happy dance of 2022!
Anyway, what's a happy dance without close-up photos, right?
In my last Savannah update, I mentioned I was gonna swap the "Welcome" metallic threads for beads. Well, that went out the door since I had trouble matching the beads to the threads.
Instead, the only substitution I made was to change the DMC 3722 to Kreinik #4 007L so the entire word is shiny. Ironic, I know because I ended up adding more metallic threads to my stitching.
This design doesn't have many beads, with the highest concentration in Savannah's headpiece.
The rest of the beads are scattered around her dress.
Savannah has taken over five and a half years to finish since starting it in July 2016. What a journey the past five years have been.
I started her to celebrate Hubby and I becoming first homeowners. Between then and now, I've since found a job, we moved out of our apartment and rented another place to be closer to work. We bought a townhouse at the end of 2020. It's still under construction with the completion date delayed. We're all but ready to move again. Savannah will be greeting guests at the entrance of our new home when we finally (hopefully) move in June.
Here's to 2022 being kinder to all of us!

1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, she's gorgeous! What a beautiful piece to greet your friends when they visit.