Followers

03 November 2017

10 Years in the Making

Finally, my first happy dance since setting foot in Australia! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... drum roll...
Design: Love with A Capital L
Designer: Pappilon Creations 
Fabric: 32 count Zweigart's Vintage Country Mocha (marbled) Belfast Linen
Fibers: Hand Dyed Fibers silk (Flag II, Examplar BlueBerry Soup and Examplar Ox Blood)
Measuring 16"W x 27"H with a stitch count of 260 x 434, this is the largest piece I've stitched to date and looking back at my blog's history, it has taken me ten years to complete. Granted, I took a long hiatus in between but I digress.
So much has changed both in the stitching world and my personal life that it was a rather poignant moment when I put in the final stitch. I remember back then, forums were popular with stitchers and Google Reader was still around. Those were my main stitchy update resources. Nowadays, it's mainly Facebook and the occasional blog.
While we're still reminiscing, I realised that there are quite a few Mirabilia WiPs that I started in 2012 and 2013 that I've yet to show. Ah, that was quite a tumultuous period in my life and haphazardly starting new projects seemed like the best way to keep myself sane.
First, there's Touching the Autumn Sky on Crafty Kitten's Lavender Mist Opalescent Belfast.
This design reminds me of the times my mum took me to the playground when I was a little girl. I love the swings best. This will be a gift to her when completed, whenever that may be.
Then, there's Red on Sparklies' Winter Skies Opalescent Belfast.
Lastly, the first Mirabilia design I fell in love with... Mermaids of the Deep Blue on Crafty Kitten's Aurora Opalescent Cashel.
I believe I started this on 8 December 2013 as a birthday pressie to myself. I have to admit that the amount over over one skin is rather intimidating.
By the way, I'm sure most of you have seen the latest Mirabilia by now? It's been a while since I've been this excited over a new release. I've already ordered her and is impatiently awaiting her arrival. In the meantime, I've been playing with my fabric stash trying to find the perfect backdrop for her. I think I've found it... Miss Cherry Blossom on Polstitches Crocus Opalescent Belfast. What do you think?
Well, this ended up being a rather long post. Till next time, Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Some things just take time but they're worth it in the end. Lots of lovely choices.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a stunning finish! Well done! I really like this design along with the thread and fabric you used. Enjoy your weekend!

Pamela said...

Beautiful finish! Some things are worth waiting for.

Von said...

Congratulations on finishing this heritage piece! It will surely be treasured for decades or more. :)