Followers

05 December 2010

Renato Parolin

I've been stitching up a storm this week and what's more, I actually have a finish to show! Let me introduce you to Camille...
Camille turned up real prettily in HDF BeCreamed.
This is Paul.
Paul is dressed in HDF Examplar Fried Pickles.
And last but not least is Myrtille.
Myrtille decided to make its appearance in HDF Old Maid of the Heart.
All three of them, ready to party!
Design: Camille, Paul Et Myrtille
Designer: Renato Parolin
Fabric: Natural Italian 32 count linen
Fibers: Hand Dyed Fibers Silk
Four pairs of scissors that I bought from Ebay arrived in my mailbox last Friday. I've been drooling over these Retro Scissors when I first saw them appear on stitchers' blogs.
I finally treated myself to them. My excuse? For my birthday! Aren't they pretty?
Recently, I won some tatted ornaments made by Cathy's mum. Don't you think these are just so delicate and exquisite? Huge thanks to both Cathy and her mum for having the giveaway. They'll definitely be treasured.
I had a BOMB on Saturday, attending NNC Yahoo Group's Stitching Bee. Wonder why it's called a Stitching Bee... never got around to asking but I digress. Anyway, thanks to Faizon I got a better understanding of tatting. I left the Bee with these...
The book is written by Faizon with clear, concise and easy-to-understand instructions. The threads are courtesy of Zarina. Two balls of size 50 threads and a yummy skein of "Orchid Garden" hand dyed by Zarina. In order to be able to use them, I must first master tatting :) Zarina also sells her threads on Etsy. Check out her Etsy shop here. Thank you so much again, ladies.
I'm planning to have another giveaway again soon so do drop by again in the next few days. Happy stitching!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the Hearts, the green one has a special place in my heart =). Congrats on the Tats, they look beautiful, you are truly lucky. And the shears further proves how lucky you are =D.

KarenV said...

What gorgeous hearts! I love all 3 of them, very pretty colour choices.

Christine S said...

Those are absolutely beautiful hearts! I've never heard of this designer before. I did a quick search and the designs are lovely! Congrats on winning the tatted ornaments! The snowflake is particularly gorgeous.

Tat-a-Renda said...

You are welcome, Veronica. All you have to do is practise to get your tatting better and better.

By the way, please could you change the link (for my name that you put in your post here) to my blog, Jon's Thread Escapades? I seldom update my Flickr nowadays and my blog will be the most up-to-date. Thanks.
Faizon

Carol said...

The hearts are simply beautiful, Veronica, and those scissors are amazing... Good for you for treating yourself to them :)

Congratulations on winning the tatted snowflakes and heart ornaments--they are so delicate and pretty. I have no idea how to do tatting, but it would be wonderful to create something so lovely...

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful
marylin france

zarina said...

I am very happy to help out with your tatting. Nothing completed since I'm a novice too.

Sally said...

Those hearts are beautiful!

Blu said...

The hearts are just gorgeous! Congrats on winning the tatted ornies. They're stunning.

Joysze said...

Gorgeous finishes, Veronica! :D Cute scissors too. One of my friends tried to teach me tatting when we were both back in M'sia, but I was a horrible student. Good luck with it!!

pippirose said...

They are gorgeous!
Tatting--I love the result, but I have no patience for it.
Happy birthday!!
:o)
pippirose59 at gmail dot com

carolpa said...

Your workmanship is first class and your work with a needle is always just gorgeous.

Sue said...

I love your stitching and LOVE those scissors. I may have to take a look on eBay to see if I can get myself some. Love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Renato designs such delightful patterns!
well done! perfect fiber/fabric choice!
and I LOVE those scissors!! :D
happy xxx!

Grit said...

Wunderschön!!!
LG Grit