Followers

12 December 2014

Change

It's been so long since I've last posted that I'm unsure where to start. I hope everyone has been well. There has been a lot of changes in my life. I quit my long time job as a receptionist/assistant administrator back in September. I had decided that I wanted to go back to school. So I signed up for a design course, packed my bags and here I am now in Melbourne, Australia.
So far, I'm having the time of my life settling in again, looking up old friends and meeting new ones. I'm no stranger to Melbourne as not only did I visit here last year but I had lived here for a about a year a decade ago. Everything was just as I remembered, yet new and different somehow. Having Sean, my current boyfriend, here with me really helped too.
Monday was my birthday. Sean took me on a Horseback Winery Tour. I hadn't been on a horse since I was a kid of eight plus being led around a ring doesn't really count. It was an exhilarating experience. Besides, you can't top any activity that's involves wine, right? ;P
Sean, on the other hand, had other ideas up his sleeve. During our first winery stop at Mantons Creek Esate, he had the guide led our horses away to a secluded area among the vines and proposed!
Of course I said yes.
Isn't my engagement ring gorgeous?
Tanzanite & Palladium Engagement Ring 
It's a tanzanite (my birthstone) and palladium ring custom made by Eckart. The craftmanship is exquisite so if you need to have any jewelry custom made, I highly recommend him.
And here's my adorable puffer fish birthday cake courtesy of Alice and Kenny whose wedding I attended only just last month ^.^ Thanks, guys! 
 
Anyway, on to stitching... (Finally! I hear you say? :P) My stitching mojo has returned tenfold but since all my stash are still back in Malaysia, I had no choice but to pick up a kit. 
 
I chose Lanarte's Moment of Reading. I think it's a lovely adaptation of Vladimir Volegov's artwork. 
 
I started on 5 December and this is my progress thus far. 
 
I'm really enjoying stitching this. The colours are soft and romantic, almost like a watercolour piece which is a particular trademark of Lanarte. The only complaint I have is that everything is stitched with a single thread. I'd have vastly preferred to stitch with two to better cover the fabric. I didn't as I'm afraid I'd run out of floss. That said, perhaps that's the reason the entire Lanarte range possess that fine, delicate look.
Lastly, you might have noticed that I've changed the name of my blog. Since I've been showing more than just stitching and with me learning design next year, I believe the new name is more suitable :)
Here's to a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!

19 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Hi dear
I' m very happy for you.
I wish you all the best.
happy new life.
Ciaoooo Giovanna

Belinda said...

Welcome to Melbourne Veronica. I live in Melbourne too, I love it also and am glad to hear you love it too. I hope you enjoy our Summer.
Beautiful pattern you are stitching by Lanarte. It is looking gorgeous and very delicate. Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Carol said...

How nice to get caught up on your life, Veronika! I'm so excited to read about your engagement and I wish you and Sean many, many happy years together :) Congratulations to you both!

Lovely looking piece you're stitching. Enjoy your time in sunny Australia!

Carol said...

Whoops, I meant to spell your name correctly--Veronica :)

Bikegirl said...

What a beautiful ring! Congratulaions! I hope you enjoy your time in Melbourne, it is lovely there.

Terri said...

Congratulations!!! And the piece you are stitching now is beautiful!

Annie said...

Good to hear things are going so well. I'm drooling over that beautiful ring.. I love tanzanite.

The design you are stitching is gorgeous!

Mouse said...

well helloooo there ... and Congratulations :) gorgeous ring and love the design you are stitching too ...
hope you have a fabulous Christmas and your stitching continues at its pace well into the new year and beyond :)
love mouse xxxxx

Margaret said...

Wow, your news is so exciting! Back to school for design -- good for you! And in Melbourne -- so cool! Congratulations on being engaged too! Love your ring! Love that puffer fish cake -- happy birthday! Love your stitching as well. Good luck with all your endeavors!

Meari said...

Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful piece you chose to stitch.

Blu said...

Congratulations! Your ring is so pretty.

Hazel said...

Congratulations! Great news. The ring is beautiful. Love your new stitching. It's so pretty. X

Mylene said...

Congratulations! Lovely ring!
Beautiful design you've started.
Goodluck out there!

Melanie said...

Congrats!!!!! It's a beautiful ring. I love tanzanite. It really draws you in. Nice to see the update! :)

Miamina said...

Wow....congratulations on your engagement and well done making those life changes!

Good to see that you are still stitching and the project you are working on is lovely.

Caitlin D said...

Hello! Found your blog through Jo. Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! The kit you're stitching is coming along nicely. I love the design.

Maureen said...

Congratulations - it sounds like you are at a great time in your life! Love your choice of Lanarte - such soft colours.

valerie said...

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful and unique! Good luck to you on your school endeavors and move to Australia. It's good that you are familiar with the area already. Wonderful start on your Lanarte project. :)

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Congratulations to the common "yes" !!!