Followers

29 July 2013

Mirabilia Seasonal Queens

Over a month late. Yikes! Way past time to announce the winner for my Singing the Blues kit.
Congratulations, Edgar!
Please send me your mailing information so I can send this out to you as soon as possible.
A year ago, I joined my first Mirabilia Round Robin. My finished RR has actually returned home early this year. Here it is now in its completed splendor.
 
Design: Seasonal Queens Round Robin
Designer: Mirabilia
Fabric: 32 count Picture This Plus Crystal Fresco Belfast linen
Fibers: DMC & Kreinik Metallic
Embelishment: Mill Hill Beads
I just had to showcase each queen individually.
Here's lovely Winter Queen.
She's stitched by the very talented fabric dyer Leslie.
I absolutely love the trailing strand of beads.
Here's my Spring Queen again.
 
Click here for more detailed pics of her.
Stunning Summer Queen.
Thank you, Jaqueline for such a gorgeous RR square. 
Her hair is almost totally covered with beads.
Last but not least, beautiful Autumn Queen.
This square was contributed by Renée. Thank you! 
I think she's the blingiest (is that even an actual word? :P) of them all.
A while ago, I talked about how Silkweaver, after changing ownership, has failed to live up to its previous reputation and service. You can read about it here. I guess someone tipped them off about my post and they made up to me by sending me a properly dyed Aegan Aqua.
Now this is the colour I'm talking about. Pretty, isn't it? Perfect for a mermaid. Last I checked, shipping is still kinda pricey if you're only buying a small amount of fabric but more reasonable if you're buying more so I'm definitely contemplating buying from Silkweaver again.
I haven't been in the mood to stitch recently until suddenly, this past week, I couldn't stop. What have I been working on? It's another new start. Yup, with numerous WiP still unaccounted for, I started another project. At least it got my stitching mojo back so that's good, right?
Say hello to Lady Alexandra. 
Gosh, over one skin certainly takes a lot of patience. I'm so glad that's done and over with. I'm stitching her on Polstitches Taboo opalescent cashel. I didn't stitch her in all the recommended colours. Can you spot the differences? I've more changes in store as well. Wait and see ^.^
Til next time, happy stitching!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it looks amazing beautiful!!

Our photos said...

Beautiful your Mirabilia Seasonal Queens!
Big hug, SK

Anonymous said...

it's so good to see you back!
the Queens look so bright and detailed. brave to all the R/R stitchers!
your new start is intriguing, I can't wait to see more of it. gee all that over 1 must have taken you AGES!
happy xxx and congrats to Edgar!
chiara

Chris said...

Beautiful update! That fabric is gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing the mermaid :)

Annie said...

Amazingly beautiful stitching!

Vicky L said...

Wow! Gorgeous! My stitching dream is to stitch all the seasonal Queens. Lady Alexandra is looking great. I love the one over one on the skin.

Melissa said...

Your seasonal queens look amazing! What wonderful hard work from all :)

Glad to hear you finally got the proper fabric from Silkweavers. I've never really had a problem with them apart from finding their shipping costs being a little on the expensive side. But I have ordered from them before and LOVE their temping weekly sales on FB (very addictive!).

Veronica, I don't know if it's me or what but I haven't read a blog from you in quite sometime. So good to hear from you again in either case :)

Looking forward to more beautiful progress pics of you new WIP!!!

Happy Stitching

Melissa

Annie said...

Your RR is breathtaking! So fabulous and so great to have it finished and back in your hands.

Love your new start too!

Yea for Silkweaver trying to make things right!

Margaret said...

Your RR is so pretty and wonderful! Wow! You must be so happy with it! I love your new WIP too. Beautiful! Glad you have your stitching mojo back!

Penny said...

Your Seasonal Queens are just beautiful! What a pretty color of fabric! Love your new project too! Glad you got your stitching mojo back. :)

Manuela said...

Congratulation. It's amazing.

Greetings, Manuela

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

How wonderful. Makes me want to go home and pull my Winter Queen out and throw some stitches in her.

valerie said...

Your RR is amazing! And so special since some lovely stitchers helped create it. Your start on Lady A looks great. I like her on that fabby. I am so glad to see Silkweaver did made good on your order. That's a great piece of Aegean Sea. So many complaints make me hesitate to order from them. It's ok though since I just put in my annual order of fabby at the PTP sale. I'm not even stitching nowadays but I still stash. lol

Melanie said...

It's an AMAZING RR! Quite stunning. Sooooooo much beautiful work done it.

I had a major issue with that vendor a while back. They corrected it in the end, but wow. Not a good experience to get to that point. It made me angry because, let's be honest, it's not that hard for an order to go smoothly. You offer something for sale, and then you send that item you offered out in the mail a short time later. Pretty easy, right? lol That was nice of them to send you another piece so long after the fact though.

Teresa S. said...

It's so good to have you back, Veronica! Beautiful stitching, as usual!

Carol said...

Your RR is stunning, Veronica--so much hard work went into creating each of the beauties. You have some very talented stitching friends! Lovely new WIP, too--glad your mojo has returned (please send me some, too!!).

Giovanna said...

What a wonderful RR - stunning! And I think I would die doing all that over-1 on the lady. She's beautiful too, great going.

Anonymous said...

Stunning :O Not only the amazing stitching but your photography!

Sharon said...

Stunning RR! Congrats!

Julie said...

Spectacular RR

Miamina said...

That RR is stunning!

Well done Edgar on the win!

I love the colours so far for Lady Alexandra, I can't wait to see the colour for her dress.

So glad that you're back stitching (and blogging) again too :)