Followers

22 July 2012

Stella

Finally, my July WiPocalypse update. Might as well make it my IHSW update too. I know it's still the weekend but I can no longer wait to share...
Design: The Stargazer
Designer: Mirabilia
Fabric: 32 count Silkweaver Starquest Reflections Belfast linen
Fibers: DMC
Embelishment: Mill Hill Beads
Stella's done. My first Mirabilia. Woohoo! Took me a little over five months. I started her on Valentine's Day. Not too bad considering she wasn't the only project I was working on during that time frame.
Stunning, isn't she? Her skin is stitched one over one. Love the effect.
As usual, this will be a picture heavy post with close up photos so brace yourselves ^.^
Swirls of beads... My absolute favourite part. I made some changes to the huge star, switching the DMC to Kreinik. What can I say? I can't get enough glitter.
My conversion for the star if you're interested:
DMC 3747 - Kreinik #4 9294
DMC 3756 - Kreinik #4 1432
My least favourite part. This particular area gave me a lot of trouble along with a throbbing headache. Not fun but the result sure is though.
More beads. Seriously, this design is so heavily beaded I'll be hard pressed to take a photo without beads.
Which isn't surprising. I estimated over 2000 beads on this baby.
What is surprising is the fact that the swirls on her dress beaded up much quicker than I had anticipated.
Since it's a WiPocalypse and IHSW update post, you don't need to ask what's next. My July TUSAL update too :D I think that should be my trademark from now on.
This month, my ort jar is modeled by the world's cutest bear.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Forever Friends bear. This particular one was a birthday gift from my best friend, Adeline, years ago. Note the cupcake he's holding :)
Friday the 13th, a supposedly unlucky day. That was the day I bought my first floor stand. Turned out to be one of the best decision I've ever made. It arrived five (yes, five! Miracle indeed) days later. May I point out that this was shipped from the UK?
This is the Stitchmaster Floorstand made by Daylight Company. Easy to assembled and perfectly well balanced. The Q-Snap you see on it measures 20" x 17".
Along with the floor stand, I also ordered the Stitchmaster Seat Stand. On this one, I've placed a 6" x 6" Q-Snaps but it can easily hold a 11" x 11" Q-Snaps or any scroll frames along that size.
Can you tell I'm in love? I ordered it from Sew and So. Altogether, it cost me £40.16 (US$62.74) excluding shipping. Shipping was £33.00 from UK to Malaysia. Very reasonable. Excellent customer service too, I must say. So if you, like me, have been looking for a stand that does not require any adjustment of knobs to flip your work or more importantly does not break the bank, I highly recommend these.
Happy Stitching!

49 comments:

Grit said...

So beautiful!!!
Eine wunderschöne Stickerei.
Liebe Grüße Grit

twinpeakprimitives said...

Dazzled with Stella's beauty :)) Congratulations!

No matter how long it took to receive; I liked your both Stitchmaster Floorstand and Stitchmaster Seat Stand.

Seems they became your best daily servant!!!

Greetings from far far away!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The stitched skin over one is so fine and delicate looking, it's very effective indeed. I'm glad you like your stands, I order from "Sew and So" on a regular basis and they are excellent to deal with. They offer such a good service and also after sales service too. It's fun to get something new that works so well from day one.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Hi
There are no words
she is fantastic absolutely gorgeous.
Bravissima ciao Giovanna

zarina said...

Good work in photographing Stella - she's beautiful. Now I know why you want to use beads.

Plus, thank you for showing me the 'stand' you use for stitching. I understand now.

Catherine said...

Oh my, Veronica! Stella is positively stunning!! Job well done!
Enjoy your stands!!

Margaret said...

Wow, your Stella is amazing! The beadwork really makes the pieces. Just gorgeous! Huge congratulations! Congrats also on getting those stands -- great deal on the price too!

Jan said...

Congratulations on the finish. She is absolutely stunning.
Having a stand makes all the difference in the world. It frees up both hands for stitching.

Karen said...

Veronica,
Stella is simply breathtaking. And you're right, there is never too much sparkle. ;-)

Congrats on your fabulous finish!

Anne said...

Wooohoo!! Big happy dance for you Veronica! Ouch! My eyes are hurting from all that bling!!! Hahaa!! The bling is pretty spectacular, I really love the stars and the swirls and your 1 over 1 skin stitching!! The fabric is perfect for her. Cute little bear!! Ooh, new floor and seat stand! Those look great! And a great deal! For both stands?

Hugs

Anne

CalamityJr said...

Stella is sooo beautiful! You did an amazing job stitching her. Now to get her framed and hanging where you can see her every day! Enjoy your new stands; they look like they should make stitching easier and maybe even more fun.

Shelleen said...

She is soooo beautiful. Congrats on the finish!

Penny said...

Stella is absolutely beautiful!! Your over one stitching and the beading are amazing! Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal on your stands.

Carol said...

Stella is breathtaking, Veronica. I so admire your patience and determination in stitching on all those tiny beads! Thanks for all the close-up photos, too. It gives us a wonderful ides of the intricacy of your work :)

Teresa S. said...

Congrats on a breathtaking Stella! Your patience with all those beads is amazing! But the results are so worth it. The fabric is perfection.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the finish. She is gorgeous!!

I loved her over one skin and all of those beads and thanks for all the close up pics :)

Mylene said...

wow! absolutely gorgeous!!

Giovanna said...

She's a real beauty, congratulations!

Lisa V said...

Stunning job Veronica, it turned out beautiful.

Ellen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love all those beads! Congrats on the finish!

Enjoy your new stands!

Hugs,

Anna van Schurman said...

Stella is SPECTACULAR!

Kalu V said...

just beautiful!! fabric stitching beading everything ...stunning!

Sharon said...

She is stunning! Congrats on an awesome finish!

Julie said...

How wonderful to see the close up pics of Stella, she is stunning and a magnificent finish, well done Veronica.

Chris said...

OMG!!! She is so beautiful!
Congratulations on such a wonderful finish.

DJ said...

Stella is truly amazing! You deserve a medal for stitching with a headache especially what you were stitching on at the time!! Your TUSAL looks so pretty with all the glittery thread! I've been looking for a floor stand, I haven't seen this one before but looks exactly like what I've been looking for! I'll have to see if they have that in the US. *Hugs*

Melanie said...

So so so so so so beautiful. Truly magnificent. Congrats on finishing her - AND in such a short period of time (to me)!

Carla said...

Absolutely stunnig!!

Joysze said...

Veronica, she looks AMAZING!!!!!! Go you! :D Which Mira next? ;)

Christine S said...

Fabulous, fabulous finish!! Congratulations!!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Congratulations on your finish!

OH My GOSH!!!! Now I have to stitch the Stargazer.... UGH! Time to start saving up.

Sally said...

Oh wow what a stunning finish! She is just beautiful!

Love your new floor stand and seat frame.

Julie said...

Stella looks simply stunning.Your stitching is just perfect and those beads.

I always use Sewandso.They are so quick and very helpful if you have to phone them.

Bea said...

She is dazzling! Excellent finish. Your floor stand looks great.

valerie said...

Absolutely stunning! Stella looks magnificent and you picked a great fabric for her! The bling is blinding! ;-) Congratulations on your new floor and lap stand. They will come in handy for faster stitching! :)

Katrina said...

Just beautiful!

Ulla said...

Your Mirabilia is so well done and so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning stitching and I can't believe it only took 5 months - good work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Stella is incredible! I love all her beads and your star conversion. Your photos are really good too, lovely and clear (and in focus!).
I use SewandSo alot too. If I order by 3pm the stuff is delivered the very next day for very cheap postal rates!

Kasey said...

She is GORGEOUS!!! What a great finish, and you did such a remarkable job on her!

Lynn said...

Wow! Look at all that bling! Congratulations Veronica, she's gorgeous!!
I love the look of your new floor stand too. I've been considering asking for one of these for my Christmas gift this year. I like the fact that this one will hold a Q snap.

Sue said...

Oh, goodness me, she's beautiful!

♥ Nia said...

OH MY!!! She's absolutely stunning!!! Amazing work sweetie, congrats on your fantastic finish :D
Wonderful wonderful!!!
Hugs&smiles :)

Unknown said...

OMG she is fabulous! Everything is so perfect including the colours and fabric choice! Congratulations on finishing her!

Sari (saristitching) said...

She is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

Meari said...

Stella is beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the stitching stands.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just been having a look around your blog and enjoyed it very much.

Congratulations on finishing Stella she is really beautiful. Those beads are just so pretty!

You have done some beautiful stitching.
Happy weekend!

Manuela said...

It's so beautiful.
Lovely finish.

Greetings Manuela

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

I would just like to say how absolutely stunning this is .....Your stitching is a credit to you ! I have just ordered everything for this design, thank you so much for inspiring me
xxxxx