My poor, poor neglected blog. I have been stitching yet have nothing to show. I've been having the attention span of a fruit fly so it seems like I've not gotten anything done :(
Anyway, I'm it, tagged by Tammy to answer her 11 questions :)
- Favourite pattern ever stitched - show a picture if you can.
- I guess WiPs don't count so it would have to be Voice of the Shepherd by Told in A Garden.
- Favourite junk food to have while stitching.
- I don't eat while stitching. However, I like to have a glass of Ribena (blackcurrent juice) at hand.
- Your Favourite Blog to visit
- This is a tough one. However, I'm sure these three are probably at the top of most stitchers' list to visit.
- Rensel Studio (Don't you just love Jill's talent?)
- Random Ramblings (No introduction necessary for Joyce, creator of IHSW)
- Stitching Dreams (I'm always amazed by Carol's stitching and finishing)
- Do you leave comments on blogs?
- I try to as much as possible.
- Do you reply to your comments on your blog?
- Usually only when a question is asked or I have something to say. Mostly I just leave a comment in return :)
- Your favorite thread to work with ie. DMC, Anchor, sampler, weeks ect.
- Vikki Clayton's Hand-Dyed Fibers (silk)
- Do you know a male stitcher?
- What is the biggest stitched piece you have stitched?
- Angel of Hope by Lavender & Lace
- What is the farthest away you have traveled to go to a stitching store, what was it called?
- Only to Haby & Wools in Kuala Lumpur. Not that far away. I mostly purchase online.
- Favorite tool to use with stitching.
- Tacky Bob for beading.
- Do you like stitching for others or yourself and why?
- Both. I give my stitched pieces to friends and family to show how much they mean to me. To me, a dose of love is put in with every single stitch I make. The rest I stitch for me to enjoy.
Now make up 11 questions and tag fellow stitchers.
The 11 friends I tag...
The 11 friends I tag...
And their 11 questions (which I answered too in case you're curious). I figure I'll alternate between stitchy and non-stitchy questions to make this more fun.
- What is your most favourite DMC colour/code? (Yes, you can only pick one)
- DMC 336 - Navy Blue
- If you could go to any country for free, where would you go and why?
- Ireland. It's wild, it's beautiful. My first childhood penpal is Irish. She, along with Nora Roberts, have fuelled my love and curiosity for Ireland. On top of that, The Giant Causeway is in my places-I-must-visit-in-my-lifetime list.
- Fabric, floss or chart? Pick one.
- Fabric, preferably hand-dyed. A girl could never have too much fabric. God knows I already own too many charts I could ever stitch in my lifetime.
- If you could ask God for a non superhero ability/talent, what would it be?
- I'd like to have a green thumb. I managed to kill the cactus I bought. Apparently it could survive in the desert but not my room :/
- If you could ask a designer a question, which designer and what would you ask?
- I'll ask Nora Corbett why some of her designs are Out of Print :(
- Besides stitching, what other hobby takes up the most of your time?
- It's a toss up between reading and playing computer games for me. Difference is, I can read anywhere, anytime but computer games can only be played at home.
- Hardwood floors, tiles or carpet for your craft studio?
- Hardwood floors for sure.
- Are you a morning or night person?
- Definitely a night person.
- If you could only shop in one needlework store be it ONS or LNS for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- Probably Needlecraft Corner. Drema is a real sweetheart and most of her items come with a 20% discount.
- How long/short is your hair? Do you keep it that lengh because you or someone else likes it?
- Mine's pretty long, past my shoulders down my back. I think I look better with long hair. It's a bonus that Mikey likes it long too. Longer if he had his way.
- What is your all-time favourite design?
Hopefully I'll have stitchy pics to show next post.