Followers

16 August 2010

Belated Birthday Gift

Slowly but surely, I'm stitching again. Another project completed last Friday... One that's about four months overdue. I started stitching this with my good friend Dede's birthday in mind. April has long past! Still deciding if I should give it to her as a very belated birthday present or an early Christmas gift. LOL!
Design: Devoted to Laurie (Freebie)
Designer: Passione Ricamo
Fabric: 28 count Silkweaver Solo Lugana
Fibers: DMC & Hand Dyed Fibers Silk
I love the verse in this design. True friends are indeed blessings in life.
As usual, I personalized the design by swapping the DMC floss for the monochrome flowers with Hand Dyed Fibers' Crushed Berry - leftover floss from my last project. I think it lend more depth and flow to the entire piece.
As usual, confetti stitches are a pain but the result are usually worth it. If only I'd remember that next time I encounter them again. *Grin*

6 comments:

Michael said...

Wows!! Yes I agree, True friends are indeed are special gift from above. Beautiful Stitch! I hope your Friend really loves this and its great to see you back on your blog again!

Blu said...

Lovely finish! Your friend will love it.

An itch to cross stitch.. said...

What a beautiful piece, and very true indeed.

Lucy said...

Beautiful!!!

Shelleen said...

very pretty, your friend will love it.

Beatrice said...

That is soooo pretty..confetti stitching adds so much detail.