Followers

06 April 2006

Stitching Blogger's Question: Stitching-on-the-Go

SBQ LogoDo you stitch “on the go?” (On the commute to and from work, during your lunch break, waiting for the kids, etc.) If so, do you have a specific “travel” project or do you just grab whatever you happen to be working on and take it with you?
I don't think I've ever stitched anywhere else other than in the comforts of my own home, mainly my room. Seldom do I take my stitching anywhere else unless I'm going for a trip or it's a RR or exchange piece that I need to post. Thus, I don't have a specific "travel" project. I just bring whatever I'm working on at the moment for my trip.
Never have I stitched in the public not because I'm embarrassed to be seen stitching but rather it's more of a hassle for me, considering the projects I tend to do are of the more complicated type. As I'm not working at the moment, there's no lunch breaks for me. Also, I don't drive and since I don't have kids, there's no "waiting time" for me. Stitching in the car while somebody drives is no go for me either for I'd end up being car sick.
I really have to salute those who stitch while commuting for cross stitching is not like knitting or crocheting where one just work mindlessly without having to consult a chart constantly. Now, if I tried to do that while taking public transport, seeing as how clumsy I am, my chart would keep slipping off my knee or I would poke someone with the needle or something. The disastrous possiblilities are endless.

No comments: