Followers

23 March 2006

Stitching Blogger's Question: It's A Mystery!

SBQ LogoHave you ever participated in a needlework mystery (i.e., a design that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one?

I've never participate in a needlework mystery before and probably won't ever do it. I think the reason for is because I really need to like a design before getting the motivation to stitch it. Since I won't know what a mystery piece looks like beforehand, I'll be constantly worrying that I won't like the end result and that would be very stressful for me, an absolute no-no for stitching is supposed to be a pleasure not pressure. Thus, my logic is that with already so many patterns out there that I love and more on the way that I'll never be able to finish stitching in this lifetime, why risk a mystery?

No comments: