Followers

22 February 2006

Wedding Gift for Danny & Deborah

And here it is, the wedding sampler I said I was rushing for Danny and Deborah whose wedding is on Saturday. Once again, a freebie, this time from Australia's Better Homes and Gardens website. I changed the original border slightly because one, I didn't like it too much and second and more importantly, being in a hurry, I didn't have time to do the beading and the backstitches the original border required. At first, I was planning to decorate the heart with the red glass beads that Lene gave me but I think the simplicity of the gold threaded heart looks more elegant without the complication of beads so I left that out too. Somehow, this pattern which looks so much easier and simpler is harder to do as compare to Dede and Puvan's wedding sampler. Go figure!
Anyway, I took it for framing earlier, along with the other wedding sampler. Luckily, I'll be able to have it back by Friday so I can have enough time to wrap it up and present it to the couple on Saturday. I don't think it's my best piece so far because of the time limit but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Besides, it's the thought that counts...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Veronica

Both wedding samplers look lovely, well done.

Hugs xxxxxx