Followers

28 December 2014

Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. I hope you all had a wonderful time. For me, it was a quiet day in with Sean as all our families were overseas. We did celebrate, however, by making a special lunch... Christmas turkey ^.^
Christmas Turkey
On Boxing Day, we decided to head to the city in the evening, not to shop, but to take piccies of the Christmas decorations before they were taken down. Since this is Melbourne, our first stop is the hourly fire show outside Crown along Yarra River.
 Hourly Fire Show
I remember the wonder I felt when I first saw the display a decade ago. Ten years later, it still leaves me in awe.
After that, we made our way inside Crown. This was the very first Christmas Tree we came across. 
O Christmas Tree
I have to admit the filigree hanging from the ceiling caught my attention more than the tree itself :P
Heading into the Atrium at Crown Towers, we were just in time for the musical display. This year, the theme is Fabergé-egg-like baubles that pop open to reveal Santa's friends. 
Christmas 2014 at Crown Melbourne, Australia 
A relevant tune plays as they open up one by one. 'Frosty the Snowman' for the snowman, 'Jingle Bells' for the one-horse sleigh, 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer' for the reindeer... You get the idea. My favourite was the snowflakes opening up to 'Let It Snow'. 
Snowflakes Fabergé Ornament
Last but never least was Santa himself. Obviously, the song playing is 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' :) 
Santa Claus Fabergé Ornament 
Finally, we walked to Bourke Street to view Myer's Christmas Windows which tell the story of 'Santa Claus and the Three Bears' this year. 
Santa Claus and the Three Bears
I'm sure you can guess which story it's based on ;) All in all, it has been a lovely night out.
Looking forward to what 2015 might bring.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. It's fun to see people outside this time of year with short sleeved shirts. What a beautiful city.

Shebafudge said...

Beautiful decorations! Looks like a fun walk. xx

Margaret said...

Looks like so much fun! It's wonderful seeing the sights and hearing the sounds of Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Discovered your blog as I was looking up Lavender and Lace Angel of Hope finishes (a piece I am working on right now). You've done a beautiful job on all your pieces. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your photos, Veronica--I'd love to get to Australia some day :)

ตารางคะแนน