Followers

21 January 2011

Stitching... Among Other Stuff

Mikey's sister, Marjorie, celebrated her 35th birthday this year. He bought her one of my scissors fobs as a birthday present (Thank you, Mikey ^.^). I decided to make her a birthday card as well.
I was told that she likes cats and her favourite color is purple. So I came up with this. The design is from Form-A-Lines. Aren't the cats cute?
On top of that, Marjorie loves reading. With that in mind, how could I not tat her another bookmark? :)
The design is modified from Part 2 of Faizon's Foldover Bookmark.
I haven't gotten the hang of two shuttle tatting yet so I figured I'll keep it simple this time round.
Not much progress was made on the stitching front however. I'm still working on my Little House Neighbourhood and here is how it stands as of 20 January 2011.
Building of the third house is completed, the trees have sprouted leaves and people have moved in!
Two of my Birthday Giveaways have also reached their destinations. Nina took lovely pictures of her package here. If you've yet to check out her blog, please do. I promise you'll find lots of eye candies. I don't know how she takes such gorgeous pictures.
Thank you for dropping by. Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sweetheart, I Love you so much and They look so beautiful. I Know she will love them.

Cindy's Stitching said...

love the progress on this piece. You have so many picked out. Like the new blog look

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooh your Neighbourhood is adorable!

Love that kitty card but then I'm a kitty lover too!

Anonymous said...

Your work just blows me away. It is all so beautiful.

Carol said...

Oh, that kitty card is so cute, Veronica--very creative. Your LHN neighborhood is really growing nicely--I sure love those sheep :)

Shelley said...

The kitty card is adorable. I've gotta check out that website :)

Your stitching looks fabulous.

Lillie said...

Loved that kitty card. The tatted bookmark is again lovely and the LHN is looking good.

Gong Xi Fa Cai, may you have many many hung bao for another year of stashing!