Followers

06 September 2009

The Final Band

With that picture, can you guess what it means? Yes, you're absolutely right. After more than a year my kingdom of stitches is finally finished!
Design: Queen of the Needle
Designer: Just Nan
Fabric: 28 count Silkweaver Abracadabra Cashel Linen
Fibers: Soie D'Alger silk
Embelishments:White Pearl Beads, Rosaline Swarovski Crystal Pearls & Queen's Rose Antique Gold Visions Charm
Wanna see the entire kingdom close up? If you do, scroll down. Just a caution though, it's gonna be picture heavy ^.^
First, we have some beautiful flowers and a lovely rose charm:
Bluebirds and verse:
Every queen must have a crown...
And a couple of bunnies as pets.

What is a kingdom without butterflies and more flowers?
Aren't the pink Swarovski pearls pretty?
And how could I leave out my favourite tiny over one ladybirds?
I hope you've enjoyed your tour of my little cross stitch kingdom.
On another entirely different note, I need your opinion. I took a break from Esperanza and decided to start a small project - Quaker Faith Hope and Love by Midnight stitching. I've already finished Hope here:
As you can see, or rather can barely see, it is disappearing into the fabric. It's more visible in real life compared to the picture but it's still kinda bothering me. It's stitched on Silkweaver's Desert Sky cashel linen with HDF BeCreamed. I used the fabric because it was exactly the right size but now I'm wondering if I should have not done so. I'm trying to decide if I should just start over again or continue on with Faith and Love. What would you do? Help!
To Yin who asked where I purchase all my materials, with the exception of DMC floss, I buy them all online nowadays as the LNS here are sadly inadequately stocked to suit my needs. Hand-dyed fabrics are ordered directly from the company that produces them. The rest from various ONS. Needlecraft Corner, Wasatch Needlecraft and Handcrafts Online are a few of my favourites. Drema, Karen and Mary Kathryn from those respective ONS are absolutely wonderful to deal with and their shipping charges to Malaysia are very reasonable as well.

14 comments:

Kathy said...

Veronica its gorgeous congrats on your HD, and love the new start too.

Hugs xxxx

Deanne J said...

Beautiful stitching Veronica

Tama said...

Beautiful! congratulations!
I like your new start, too - if it shows up better in person, then it should look very elegant :D

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!

sari.i. said...

That's really nice!!!

Stitcher said...

What a great finish, I love your fabric colour

Chiloe said...

Beautiful finish !!!!

Don't forget that 2 english ONS ship worldwide for free ;-)

http://www.stitchability.co.uk/

http://www.artsanddesigns.com/

Shebafudge said...

Fantastic finish! I must bump that one up my to do list now. It really looks fabulous!!

Yin said...

Thanks dear.

Susimac said...

Its so beautiful Veronica. Happy Dance to you for the lovely JN finish

CindyMae said...

Simply a gorgeous finish! Congrats!

Cindy said...

This is really really beautiful!! Congrats for finishing the stitching :)

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oooh, I do like this! Well done! What lovely colours and a good lot of variety.

Anonymous said...

The kingdom piece is very pretty, i really like the doves with the olive branches =) and Hope looks very beautiful and i love the coloring for it. This Kingdom looks and feels very peaceful =)

-Mike