Followers

22 July 2009

An Introduction

With my last post, I expect you're all anticipating that this post will be happy dance related. That is, sadly, not the case. I'm sure you can all guess by now what happened. Yes, I've been naughty again and started another new project. I tried, I truly did, but what's a girl to do when there are so many other fun and exciting projects calling out my name? After all, you only live once...
Anyway, everyone, say hello to Esperanza, a.k.a. Angel of Hope by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum of Lavender & Lace.
Her skin is stitched one over one. I just love how the different texture gives the piece a 3D effect. I think the extra work is totally worth it. To give you a better idea, here's a close up of her face.
I've been stitching on her for slightly more than a week now. Not too bad, considering, with all the extra over one stitching. With that done, it should go faster, I hope. I plan to finish her by the end of the year. Too ambitious maybe? She's a spur of the moment decision. I've been wanting to stitch one of the Lavender & Lace for a while now but have never quite make up my mind which one to pick as my first. She's stitched on Silkweaver 32 count Skye Reflections Lugana originally intended for Angelica.
Before I sign off, did you know that for one week only, from 21 July 2009 to 27 July 2009, Silkweaver's Colour of the Week is their discontinued Tutti Fruitie/Rainbow Sparkle Reflections? One of their prettiest colours, in my opinion. I'm considering stocking up some.
Till next time, happy stitching!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

She looks beautiful. That's excellent progress for a week. If you would like to share your stitching, please come and join us at the Lavender Angels SAL blog. There are a whole lot of people stitching different Lavender & Lace angels and we would be happy for you to join us.

http://lavenderangels.blogspot.com

Tama said...

Beautiful!
I'd like to stitch her after I finish my Angel of Grace (someday) I always think of those two as a set; not sure why :D

Metanoia said...

The one over one is totally worth it. I am often frustrated by pixillated appearances of this technique, but that smoothed it out beautifully. It looks great!

Little Rabbit Miniatures said...

So detailed, great stitching!