Followers

22 April 2008

Yummy Silk

Once again, I've been negligent in posting here. Work has kept me busy. However, I simply could not resist showing off what I've been working on any longer. Ladies and gentlemen (if there are any reading my blog), here is my progress on Love with A Capital L by Papillon Creations
I'm not sure if it's the chart or the silk but I feel as if I'm flying with this. This is the result of stitching on and off for a few hours at night for a period of two weeks. I think I am now addicted to stitching with silk. Vikki Clayton's HDF silk, to be specific. Granted, I've never stitched with other silks before as hers is the first one I tried. I can tell you this much though - it's an experience no stitcher ever should miss. The thread just glides through the fabric. And the feel of it between your fingertips? Heaven. Okay, I'll stop tempting you all now. I'm having so much fun stitching this design. The picture simply does not do it justice. The colour is a lot more vibrant in real life.
I'm working on the "L" at the moment. It's more complicated (I think) and last night and tonight, I am simply too exhausted to draw up the energy to concentrate on it. Thus, progress has come to a screeching halt for now. Don't worry though. you'll know for sure when I get it done ^.^
On another note, I bought more stash. Sigh! I just can't help myself especially when Stitching Bits and Bobs is having a sale. Self restraint? What's that? I bought a piece of fabric from Silkweaver too. Now I'm eagerly waiting for them to arrive in my mailbox. However, my order with Stitching Bits and Bobs have been delayed as some Mill Hill items I ordered are out of stock. Pictures the minute I get em. Promise! Till next time, take care, all. Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Carol R said...

That is one piece of gorgeous needlework!

J Rae said...

Wow! It is turning out so beautiful! Great work!

Doris said...

wow! great work! i love the silk threads.

Aw said...

seeing your lovely progress made me want to be fast with mine. I just started last night with Belle Soile silk, yes, silk is terrific, however, first strand almost made me cry as it worn off (when I used 2 strands- 1 over 2 on 32ct linen) then I tried 1 strand, the effect is almost similar, so I just use 1 strand, coz I also worried I have insufficient silk.

Chiloe said...

I just love this piece !!! It's so beautiful. You chose the right colors ;-)

Sally said...

That is absolutely beautiful! The colours are gorgeous.

Shari said...

oh, how pretty! I just discovered your blog & WOW!!! I love your choices of patterns, but this one really JUMPED to me!!!!