Followers

21 January 2008

Another New Start

You don't call January Guilt-Free January for nothing. Once again, I've been distracted and stopped working on Romantic Stitcher. So what have I been working on, you all must be wondering. Well, here ya go.
This is "Lazy Afternoon" by Lanarte which is going to be a surprise gift for my friend Adeline who just bought her first apartment and is planning to move in sometime in March. I had a hard time picking out something for her because, when it comes to art and tastes, you just never know. I might like something that she doesn't or I could find something that I know she'll absolutely like which I hated which is a no go either for I just can't bring myself to stitch something I totally dislike. It's gotta balance which makes my choices tougher and more limited. Besides, she didn't give me any guidelines as to how she might decorate her apartment. When I ask her what she'd like me to get for her, she just goes, stitch me something, something big, make it a surprise. Since she doesn't know this blog exist, doesn't stitch nor is she much of a computer person, I feel safe letting all of you into my secret. I chose this pattern for I thought she might appreciate the feminine element of it. Also, when I look at it, it makes me feel relax and lazy just like its name which is how a home should make us feel. That together with the fact that my friend loves reading too, well, I just hope she likes it as much as I do. I got slightly more than a month to finish this, thus I better buck up and stop procrastinating.

Other than that one new start, I've been doing a lot of planning for my projects this year. I won't exactly call it my New Year Resolution since I have no idea when I'll be getting to them but I finally went and bought all the Anchor threads for Lilliput Lane's Cottage Sampler. I was contemplating converting the Anchor threads into DMC but after the Crafty Cat disaster, I decided to stick with Anchor threads instead. I even went as far as to do a floss toss on it. The fabric is Zweigart's Vintage Country Cream (Marbled) 32 count linen, same as the one I'm stitching Romantic Stitcher on. On Friday, I received some fabrics from Sugar Maple Fabrics.They're Serendipity and Shimmering Jellybean. Aren't they yummy? This is the first time I've ordered from SMF and I love it. I have Mirabilia's Garden Verses in mind for Serendipity and Enchanting Lair's Firedance planned for Shimmering Jellybean. Do you think the colours will go well together? I need opinions please. Thanks!

I'm also currently in a debate with myself. Should I or should I not join in the Lavender Angels Stitch-Along? I've already got all the materials for it."Angelica" has been another design that's been in my stash for quite some time. I've just never gotten around to it. The fabric is another opalescent - Skye by Silkweaver. Yup, you guessed it. I love sparklies. Mmm... gonna ponder on it some more.

10 comments:

Jaimie said...

I think you should definitely joint the angel SAL! That is a pretty angel you have there and I for one would love to see your progress. Oh and I did the meme you tagged me for too. It was fun!

tkdchick said...

The Lanarte you're stitching for your friend is just beautiful. I'm sure she'll love and cherish it!

Beatrice said...

I love the Lanarte Charts.
I'm doing one of the map of the Netherlands.
Lazy Afternoon is Beautiful! What a wonderful gift for your friend.

Sally said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting:)

The Lanarte piece is beautiful. I'm sure your friend will love it:)

Charlene said...

Lanarte was beautiful. Sure your friend gonna love it. Love the thread and fabric that you received.

Happy to see you back again, Vero.

kathyskreations said...

Hi Veronica

WOW you have some lovely fabbies, there hun, hope you are well, so glad to see you back again.

Take care hun.

Hugs xxxxx

CraftyPretender said...

Lucky Adeline! I gave away my Celtic Banner in a Christmas present ... it was a good idea for a gift, but sometimes it feels like you're giving one of your kids away!

Maria said...

Loved your blog!

biblo said...

Hi Veronica,

You have been busy yourself. "Lazy afternoon" looks good. And I see you have been busy stashing, too.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Cheers!

Lillie said...

Hi, glad to see you back in full swing. The fabbies are lovely. Looks like great projects coming your way. Do join the SAL if you are up to it, remember to enjoy it along the way and the company too.