Followers

12 July 2006

Stitching Blogger's Question: Oops!

SBQ LogoWhat is the biggest mishap you have had with your stitching material (i.e. spillages)?
My biggest mishaps happened when I first started cross stitching. It was one of my first pieces and at that time, I've yet to learnt never to leave needles still threaded with floss (white ones as well) on the fabric for a long time. I did that, hit a stitching slump and left it that way for months. Unsurprisingly, when I picked it up again, the needle has rusted through both floss and fabric leaving an unsightly yellow patch. Being the "genius" I was with no idea that needlework was supposed to be threated gently during washing, I dabbed a fair amount of strong detergent on the area, hoping that it would get the stain out. It worked some but also resulted in discolouring the fabric and some colour floss around the area. I supposed the piece is still salvageable but that's yet to be determined for til this day, it remains a UFO...

No comments: