Followers

26 July 2006

Stitching Blogger's Question: Embroidery Scissors

SBQ LogoMany of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have a “collection”. How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!
I only have one pair of scissors. Here's a pic of it. It's made by Consorzio Premax of Italy. I've been assured that it's good quality scissors and I love the shape and feel of it but barely a couple of months since I bought it, its handles started rusting. I think you can sort of see it in the pic. Embroidery scissors aren't supposed to do this, right? Very disappointed. I've complaint to the shop where I bought it from but since the company isn't responding to any of their emails, I don't think there's much I can do about it. Well, I'm thinking of getting myself a pair of Stork scissors soon. Hopefully this time I'll get my money's worth.

4 comments:

CraftyPretender said...

Ron, rub Singer machine oil or even baby oil onto the blades and hinges .. then leave for a few minutes and gently rub off the excess oil. That's how I was taught to keep the rust off my hardanger scissors.

Meari said...

I have a pair of Gingher stork scissors and I love them. I've had them for 15+ years and they still work as great now as they did when I first bought them. :) No rusting either!

Shanny Khoo said...

Sorry to hear about your new scissors... I think its better to get a pair of gold plated ones rather than silver ones as I don't really think the later could stand hot and humid weather...

Why not try 'p's idea?

Anonymous said...

That's awful about your scissors. I have Gingher scissors and swear by the quality.
Barb in TX