Followers

20 April 2006

Stitching Blogger's Question: In Over Your Head?

SBQ LogoDo you do obligation or deadline-based stitching? Why or why not? If you do, do you tend to get in over your head and why?
Actually, I do do deadline-based stitching, in terms of round robins, exchanges and the occasional gifts for my friends and family. However, I don't think of it as an obligation because when I stitch something, it's only because I want to, not because I feel obliged to do it. In spite of my round robins preference to exchanges, I really don't mind either because it's so much fun and enables me to get to know other stitchers better worldwide. I just love the camaraderie stitchers share when involved together in a round robin or an exchange. It's different from when you're just sharing your WIPs (Work-in-Progress) or a HD (Happy Dance), if you know what I mean.
As for whether I tend to get in over my head, I've had my worries about not being able to keep up, being involved in 5 round robins and 2 exchanges at the moment but so far, I've yet failed to meet a deadline. Still, I do realize that this is my limit and have to keep reminding myself to refrain from joining anymore until the exchanges or at least one RR is completed.

1 comment:

Chiara said...

You are very busy!!! I have your same problem....I have to remind myself not to join too many RR and exchanges...but I have little results!!!
Have a nice week end1!