Followers

27 April 2006

Back to Round Robins

First off, I would like to thank everyone for your comments. I really do appreciate them. Now I'm back to stitching round robins again. I forgot to mention another side benefit from stitching on RRs is that I get to try out different designers and styles. This two here are perfect examples of what I would have missed out on had I not been part of the RR. They're not to my usual taste but I had fun stitching them.
This here is for Margaret's "From the Heart" round robin from Prairie Schooler. I think it's a rather sweet design and I especially love the heart shape vase. I think it has a delicate look to it, sort of reminds me of lace. Maybe that's because it's in white? Anyhow, here's the whole RR. It has one last square to go before it returns home.
And here's another design I otherwise would not have the chance to stitch... "Hope" from Lizzie Kate's new "12 Blessing of Christmas" series for Melissa's RR. This is not my first L*K though I'll have to show you the other one later for it's a surprise for someone ~_^ It arrived in the mail yesterday and I had it done in a day. My quickest stitching ever! I couldn't put it down. There's a dove charm included in the design but I did not attach it since Melissa said she'll do it when it gets home. Now I understand why so many stitchers love her designs. Simple and easy... it's for days when your mind's not working or just not in the mood for more complicated designs.

4 comments:

Leeland said...

I do agree with the whole post, Veronica! You said it perfectly about L*K, and the design above is so classy! I love it, love it, love it!
Hugs!

JOT said...

You are tempting me to try a RR!

I love the L*K 'Hope'! It is great seeing it stitched as this is on my 'to do' list - I have now moved it up near the top :)

Carto said...

Hi Veronica

These are lovely projects! I've not had the opportunity to see any L*K designs finished before. I never knew something so simple could look so effective..hmmm I feel a spending spree coming on! :) x

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous ! I like Lizzie Kate, but I've never stitched one !.