Followers

21 January 2006

Hooked on Cross Stitch...

A New Year and a new stitching journal for me. This is a first for me... have never been one to blog but after reading about other stitcher's interesting stitching stories and adventures, I decided that I really should try it out too. Still feeling my way around this site, trying to get the hang of things. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out how to do everything real soon.
I can't remember exactly when I picked up cross stitching but according to issue number 33 of Simply Cross Stitch magazine, which the chart of my very first cross stitch piece - The Gift of Friendship was printed in, it was sometime in 1997. I took the magazine, flipped through it, saw the chart, thought to myself, "this is nice, how hard could it be to do this?" and the rest, as they say, is history. Here is a picture of the finish piece.
I've been stitching on and off for give or take 8 years, that is, if you disregard the fact that I haven't been stitching much between 2000 to 2004. Then, I met a fantastic guy, now my fiance and I wanted to make something special for him for Valentine's Day last year. Immediately, I thought of cross stitch. This is the result of that, a freebie - Be My Valentine from EMS which I personalized by adding in words.
Since then, I've been stitching non-stop and am currently in a few international RRs (Round Robins) and a SAL (Stitch-Along). So now you know, the beginning of my cross stitch addiction...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Veronica, Welcome to blogging! Nice work of yours..keep going...

Anne said...

Awww!! Love your first post :D Beautiful pieces that you stitched!1

Hugs